Every cent, every dollar sent to CASA makes a difference in the lives of hurting children:
• It helps train a CASA volunteer to stand up for an abused child in court • Helps a neglected child find a “forever” adoptive home
• Helps a drug addicted baby visit safely with her parents • Helps a run away teen to break the cycle of abuse
100% of your donation dollars go directly to services for abused, neglected and high risk children.
GIFT ACCEPTANCE POLICY
- Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of the Chaves County CASA Program. The Chaves County CASA Program will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expended consistently with the purpose and mission of the Chaves County CASA Program.
- No irrevocable gift, whether outright or life-income in character, will be accepted if under any reasonable set of circumstances the gift would jeopardize the donor’s financial security.
- The Chaves County CASA Program will refrain from providing advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts and will encourage donors to seek guidance from their own professional advisors to assist them in the process of making their donation.
- The Chaves County CASA Program will accept donations of cash or publicly traded securities. Gifts of in-kind services will be accepted at the discretion of the Chaves County CASA Program.
- Certain other gifts, real property, personal property, in-kind gifts, non-liquid securities, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted in some manner, must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special obligations raised or liabilities they may pose for the Chaves County CASA Program.
- The Chaves County CASA Program will provide acknowledgments to donors meeting IRS substantiation requirements for property received by the charity as a gift. However, except for gifts of cash and publicly traded securities, no value shall be ascribed to any receipt or other form of substantiation of a gift received by Chaves County CASA Program.
- The Chaves County CASA Program will respect the intent of the donor relating to gifts for restricted purposes and those relating to the desire to remain anonymous. With respect to anonymous gifts, the Chaves County CASA Program will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know.
- The Chaves County CASA Program will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to the Chaves County CASA Program.
*From the national Council on Non-Profits
Chaves County CASA is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit recognized by the IRS.
Chaves County CASA is 100% in compliance with the standards of:
The National CASA Association
National Children’s Alliance
The National Supervised Visitation Network
The New Mexico CASA Network
The New Mexico Supervised Visitation Network
Tax ID # 85-0375943
Chaves County CASA is a GuideStar listed charityClick here for the latest Auditor's Report
Click here for the latest 990